Rabbi Mendel Kastel and the Jewish House team hope your time in hospital is brief and this website provides you with useful links, resources and information you find helpful, comforting and of benefit during your stay. Please don’t hesitate to reach out to us if you need pastoral care or other resources, either in hospital or once you’re discharged.
TRADITIONS AND CUSTOMS
Shabbat – Day of Rest
- Where are Kosher meals accessible?
- Where can I find Kosher food near my Hospital?
- Supermarkets with Kosher food sections
END OF LIFE
- Organ Donation
- Blood Transfusion
- End of Life
- Body Parts
- Desecrating the Shabbat and Yom Tov
- Fasting on Yom Kippur and other fast days